Updated: Oct 15
As the leaves change color and the temperature drops, there's nothing quite like curling up with a warm and cozy novel to embrace the fall season and pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkin spice is my all-time favorite flavor, so I welcome Fall with open arms as I buy all things pumpkin spice and savor the aroma of the warm and cozy scents or baked pumpkin bread. What’s your favorite flavor or season? So, getting back to our intended blog post enough about me lol. Whether you're a fan of romance, mystery, or historical fiction, there's a book out there that will transport you to a world of comfort and escapism. To help you make the most of this beautiful time of year, we've compiled a list of the 20 best-selling warm and cozy novels that are perfect for the fall season. So, grab that cup of hot cocoa, snuggle up with your favorite blanket, and get ready to embark on a literary journey!
1. "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows: Set in post-World War II England, this heartwarming tale follows a writer who forms an unexpected bond with the residents of Guernsey Island. Also, now a Netflix film.
2. "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng: This captivating novel explores the intertwined lives of two families in a suburban town, delving into themes of motherhood, identity, and the complexities of human relationships. Editor’s pick
3. "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah: Set in Nazi-occupied France, this emotionally charged story follows two sisters as they navigate love, loss, and the resilience of the human spirit during wartime. Editor’s pick
4. "Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine" by Gail Honeyman: Meet Eleanor Oliphant, an eccentric and socially awkward woman whose life takes an unexpected turn when she develops an unlikely friendship. This novel is a beautiful exploration of loneliness, friendship, and the power of human connection. Goodreads Choice Award Nominee
5. "The Bookshop on the Corner" by Jenny Colgan: If you're a book lover, you'll adore this charming story about a woman who transforms an old van into a mobile bookstore in a small Scottish town. It's a delightful celebration of literature and community.
6. "The Great Alone" by Kristin Hannah: Set in the wilds of Alaska, this gripping novel tells the story of a family struggling to survive in a harsh and unforgiving environment. It's a tale of love, resilience, and the pursuit of happiness. Goodreads Choice Award Winner
7. "Big Little Lies" by Liane Moriarty: This addictive page-turner takes readers into the seemingly perfect lives of three women in a wealthy coastal town. As secrets unravel, the story becomes a thrilling exploration of friendship, motherhood, and the consequences of keeping secrets. Editor’s pick
8. "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion: Meet Don Tillman, a socially inept genetics professor who embarks on a quest to find the perfect wife. This hilarious and heartwarming novel is a delightful exploration of love, acceptance, and the beauty of embracing our quirks. Editor’s pick
9. "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd: Set in 1960s South Carolina, this moving story follows a young girl who finds solace and a sense of belonging in the company of a group of beekeeping sisters. It's a tale of love, forgiveness, and the healing power of female friendships.
10. "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry" by Gabrielle Zevin: This enchanting novel revolves around a grumpy bookstore owner who finds his life transformed when a mysterious package arrives at his doorstep. It's a celebration of books, love, and the transformative power of literature.
11. "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield: For lovers of Gothic fiction, this atmospheric and haunting novel is a must-read. It follows a young biographer who is drawn into the dark and mysterious world of a reclusive author, uncovering secrets that will leave you spellbound.
12. "The Little Paris Bookshop" by Nina George: Journey through the streets of Paris with Monsieur Perdu, a literary apothecary who prescribes books to heal people's hearts. This whimsical tale is a love letter to literature, self-discovery, and the power of storytelling.
13. "The Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman: Set on a remote Australian island after World War I, this mesmerizing novel explores the moral dilemma faced by a lighthouse keeper and his wife when they discover a baby washed ashore in a boat. It's a poignant story of love, loss, and the choices we make. Editor’s pick
14. "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton: This gripping historical mystery takes readers on a journey through time, unraveling the secrets of a family's past. With its atmospheric setting and compelling characters, this novel will keep you guessing until the very end. Goodreads Choice Award Nominee
15. "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho: A timeless classic, this philosophical novel follows a young shepherd boy as he embarks on a journey to discover his personal legend. It's a tale of self-discovery, destiny, and the pursuit of one's dreams. Teacher’s pick
16. "The Girl You Left Behind" by Jojo Moyes: This captivating dual narrative novel tells the story of a French woman during World War I and a modern-day woman fighting to keep a precious painting in her possession. It's a tale of love, sacrifice, and the enduring power of art. Goodreads Choice Award nominee
17. "The Shell Seekers" by Rosamunde Pilcher: Set in Cornwall, England, this sweeping family saga spans several decades and explores the lives and loves of three generations. It's a beautifully written novel that will transport you to the idyllic English countryside.
18. "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett: A beloved children's classic, this enchanting tale follows a young girl who discovers a hidden garden and, in the process, transforms the lives of those around her. It's a story of friendship, healing, and the magic of nature. Teacher’s pick
19. "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern: Step into the mesmerizing world of a magical circus that only appears at night. This atmospheric novel weaves together a tale of love, illusion, and the power of imagination. Editor’s pick
20. "The Snow Child" by Eowyn Ivey: Set in the Alaskan wilderness in the 1920s, this hauntingly beautiful novel tells the story of a childless couple who build a snow child that comes to life. It's a lyrical and bittersweet exploration of love, loss, and the mysteries of the natural world. Editor’s pick
There you have it, 20 best-selling warm and cozy novels for the fall season. Whether you're looking for a heartwarming romance, a captivating mystery, or thought-provoking historical fiction, these books are sure to keep you entertained and comforted during this beautiful time of year. So, grab your favorite blanket, find a cozy spot, and immerse yourself in the magic of these captivating stories. I sincerely hope you find a great novel to suit your taste from these wonderful picks. Happy reading and let’s welcome in Fall with open arms!
Disclaimer: Kindly note that this post might feature affiliate links that could result in us receiving a small commission if you choose to buy something through those links. These links play a vital role in supporting us to bring you valuable content, without any extra expense for you.